Your privacy is important to us. It is Sustainabiliteens' policy to respect your privacy and comply with any applicable law and regulation regarding any personal information we may collect about you, including across our website, sustainabiliteens.org and other sites we own and operate. This policy is effective as of November 6, 2021 and was last updated on November 6, 2021.
Information We Collect
Information we collect includes both information you knowingly and actively provide us when using or participating in any of our services and actions, and any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our services.
When you visit our website, our web hosting and analytics providers automatically logs the standard data provided by your web browser. This includes your device’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, other details about your visit and technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
Please be aware that while this information may not be personally identifying by itself, it may be possible to combine it with other data to personally identify individual persons.
We may ask for personal information, which may include your name and/or email address.
Legitimate Reasons for Processing Your Personal Information
We only collect and use your personal information when we have a legitimate reason for doing so. In which instance, we only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary to provide our services to you.
Collection and Use of Information
We may collect personal information from you when you do any of the following on our website:
- Sign up to receive updates from us via email or social media channels
- Use a mobile device or web browser to access our content
- Contact us via online form, email, social media, live chat or on any similar technologies
- When you mention us on social media
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes,and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to contact and communicate with you
- to share with a campaign's target, in the case of a petition, and any partner organizations in Canada
- for analytics, market research and organizational development, including to operate and improve our website, associated applications and associated social media platforms
- to process your application to join Sustainabiliteens
- to process your donation
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have
Please be aware that we may combine information we collect about you with general information or research data we receive from other trusted sources.
Security of Your Personal Information
When we collect and process personal information, and while we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
Although we will do our best to protect the personal information you provide to us, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, and no one can guarantee absolute data security. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- a partner organization
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, for example, IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, advertisers or analytics platforms
- our members
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you third parties to collect and process data
International Transfers of Personal Information
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time. We will provide you with the ability to unsubscribe from our email-database or opt out of communications. Please be aware we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
We use “cookies” to collect information about you and your activity across our site. A cookie is a small piece of data that our website stores on your computer, and accesses each time you visit, so we can understand how you use our site. This helps us serve you content based on preferences you have specified.
Limits of Our Policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to This Policy
If required by law, we will get your permission or give you the opportunity to opt in to or opt out of, as applicable, any new uses of your personal information.
For any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer.